Student Health Services
After completing the registration form, please be sure that the following forms are complete and submitted to the Jayhawk Media Workshop either by mailing to the workshop office or bringing to workshop check-in. University of Kansas Student Health Services requires three items to be on file in our camps offices before, or at the start of, the workshop
You can return these camps in a variety of ways:
- BY MAIL: Jayhawk Media Workshop, 1435 Jayhawk Boulevard, Lawrence Kansas 66045
- SIGN, SCAN & EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BRING TO CHECK IN: If you don’t send the documents another way, be sure to bring them to check-in at our residence hall
Where to Arrive
JMW students should arrive at registration between 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 9 at our residence hall: 420 West 11th St., Lawrence Kansas 66045
What to Bring
Casual clothing that would be appropriate for school is appropriate at camp. Use your best judgement; T-shirts are OK, tube tops are not. Shorts are allowed in the classrooms. Students may want to bring a sweater or light jacket because the classrooms can be quite cool. Bare feet will not be allowed in classrooms or the dining hall.
The walk from our residence hall to Wescoe Hall is a bit less than a mile. A good pair of walking shoes is essential.
Although Kansas summer nights are typically hot and humid, you may wish to bring a blanket if you get chilly sleeping in air conditioning. You will also need to bring with you a pillow, pillowcase, sheets and towels. The residence hall will provide no linens.
The dorms are not a hotel. Soap is provided in the restrooms, but be sure to bring all other essentials with you. If you discover that you have forgotten something important, please let the dorm director or a counselor know.
For all classes:
- Copies of your school’s publications from the last year or two
- A notebook
- Writing utensils and a reporter’s notepad or other notebook
- Current magazines that inspire you
- A USB flash drive for saving your work
- Your staff manual (if you have one)
- An Associated Press Stylebook and a dictionary may come in handy.
- A laptop computer (if available)
- For the photojournalism class: A digital camera, hopefully a camera with a detachable lens (a DSLR)
What not to bring
Jayhawk Media Workshop students should bring only necessary items with them. Provide protection against loss or damage through the purchase of insurance. Some homeowners’ policies provide coverage for loss of personal property away from home. The University of Kansas and the Jayhawk Media Workshop cannot assume responsibility for loss of or damage to personal property. Our residence hall operates a lost and found. After the workshop, all items will be sent to the Jayhawk Media Workshop headquarters, 318 Stauffer-Flint Hall.